As foretold by the Proxmox VE Roadmap, PVE is getting a UI overhaul that relies on Sencha Ext JS 6.x.
Sometime the week of April 10, 2016, the change was added to the pvetest repository.
In the following video, I offer a brief glimpse at the changes coming to PVE’s UI:
Here’re other changes to expect in the near future:
- latest kernels (4.4 for Proxmox VE 4.2)
- LVM-thin improvements
- Let´s Encrypt
- GUI update to Sencha Ext JS 6.x (soon now)
- support for external fencing devices
- DRBD9 improvements
- Linux Containers (LXC) live-migration (experimental)
- unprivileged LXC
- new documentation framework
To take it for a spin (on a machine not used for production), try the following:
echo "deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian jessie pvetest" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pvetest.list apt-get update apt-get -y upgrade apt-get -y dist-upgrade
(Be sure the other PVE repositories are disabled.)